- 500 g white asparagus
- 60 g butter
- 20 g flour
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- 10 cl liquid creme fraiche
- 6 cl milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- Clean the asparagus: rinse and trim the bottoms.
- Peel the asparagus from top to bottom with a potato peeler.
- Cook in 1.5 litres of salted boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Strain and reserve cooking water.
- Peel and chop the onion and shallot finely.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and brown the onion and shallot.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Gradually pour in the cooking water from the asparagus.
- Cut the asparagus into sections and add to the previous preparation.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, leave to cool and blend. Dilute with the milk.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the chives.