Crispy carrots and chestnuts
- 250 g Priméale carrots
- 200 g cooked chestnuts
- 1 onion
- 1 orange
- 1 small bunch of chervil
- 100 g butter
- 8 sheets of brick pastry
- 1 shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- A few green anise seeds
- 10 cl liquid cream
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Peel the Priméale carrots and cut into 0.5 x 6 cm sticks.
- Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan, sweat the chopped onion, add the carrots and chestnuts.
- Remove the zest from the orange.
- Squeeze orange and déglace the carrots with the juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped chervil.
- Keep to one side and leave to cool slightly.
- Cut a 15 cm square from each sheet of brick pastry.
- Using a brush, spread melted butter on each square and place a spoonful of carrot on edge. Fold over the left and right sides and roll up.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in a warm oven at 180 °C for 10 minutes.
- Sauce preparation: sweat the crushed garlic, chopped shallot and anise seeds, déglace with white wine, add the cream, crushed parsley and reduce to a coating consistency.
- Blend and strain through a fine strainer and rectify the seasoning.
- Serve the crisps straight from the oven with parsley sauce.